This internship requires a three month, 30 hours a week commitment. Interns must be available weekends from 9am – 2pm for Animal Care Technician shifts. The remaining hours will include three weekdays with a morning schedule to be determined, either assisting with veterinary technician tasks or caring for the household environment.
Responsibilities after an initial training period will include:
Holistic Animal Care Technician Tasks
- Preparation and administration of homeopathic remedies, supplements and allopathic medicine
- Recording animal weights
- Administration of subcutaneous fluid therapy
- Daily update of animal veterinary charts
- General animal health protocols
Housekeeping and general Animal Care
- Cleaning litter boxes and the task of setting up “bathroom” areas for multiple cats
- Maintenance of water bowls with holistic supplementation
- Daily sanitization of the clinic, household counters and food preparation area
- Maintaining a comfortable living environment for the animals
- Cleaning floors and other areas of the household
Project and Meetings
A project will be identified and executed by interns either in 1) Holistic Healing Applications or 2) Non-Profit Fund raising Efforts Interns will choose their project in the first two weeks of participating in the sanctuary. A staff person will be available for weekly review to discuss learning progress, projects, problem solving and work experience.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter please share your experience with animals, what you hope to gain from this internship and how you can help BrightHaven and how BrightHaven can help you.**Living accommodation may be available upon further enquiry.