What is one of the most difficult things for any animal lover and pet parent to hear? It’s being told by the vet that your animal’s illness is terminal. What do I do now? How can I best support my animal friend? What is the best way forward for our family? These are just a few of the many challenging questions that such a diagnosis raises.
Author Gail Pope, President and Founder of BrightHaven Center for Animal Rescue, Hospice and Holistic Education shares, “I wrote this informative booklet to try to hold your hand and help you to navigate this path with a deeper sense of confidence, clarity and peace of mind. I’ve drawn on my consultations with countless distressed caregivers who have reached out to me after receiving such a diagnosis for their animal.”
Follow Your Heart: Navigating a Terminal Diagnosis offers practical advice for the caregiver, both for at the vet’s office as well at home again with the family. With some guidelines from the BrightHaven perspective of living well each and every day, it compassionately addresses important considerations and options as the way forward is planned, and explores the possibility of hospice care and the natural dying process.
The booklet does not support any specific methodology or belief, but simply shares some guidelines to help you make choices with awareness and with love. There’s no one right approach or answer—it depends on many factors unique to each situation.
Now available in paperback and Kindle on Amazon:
And if you purchase at https://smile.amazon.com/ and select BrightHaven as your favorite charitable organization, Amazon will donate a percentage of the sale price to BrightHaven!
“The amazing depth, clarity and comprehensive detail that Gail Pope brings to her newest publication on “navigating” terminal illness in our animal companions makes this a must read for anyone who deeply loves animals. All questions answered, with a wealth of information on how to face and deal with this most difficult experience in a positive way that helps us humans as well.” –Kate F.
“I want to thank you for all of your help and support. You have been a God send. You helped me more than I can begin to express. You helped me to find my balance at a time when it was so necessary, in order to make good decisions…The resources you provide are invaluable.” –Raquel H.
All of us at BrightHaven sincerely hope that this booklet will be a source of comfort, knowledge and inspiration for you.
It is the energy behind the method that heals. In our culture we tend to be addicted to methods forgetting that ultimately it is being a vessel of love that is the greatest form of healing.” –Sandra Ingerman
BrightHaven Resources to Help Your Animal Live Well Each and Every Day!
- Do you have questions about how BrightHaven’s holistic healing or animal hospice care approaches can help your animal? Book a consultation with Gail by sending an email to email@example.com
- The BrightHaven Guide to Animal Hospice—learn how to care for your animal companions in their Golden Years and through the end of life (Author: Gail Pope)
- Disponibile in italiano su Amazon: http://amzn.to/2f8cTcl
- Soar My Butterfly: The Animal Dying Experience—a simple guide to the signs and symptoms you may encounter during the final stages of the natural dying process (Author: Gail Pope)
- The BrightHaven Guide to Animal Hospice Online Series—BrightHaven Co-Founders Gail and Richard Pope share what they’ve learned since 1990 about holistic healing, living well and dying well by following the wisdom of the animals.
- Walking with My Dog Through (End of) Life—an intimate look at a profound life passage, from terminal diagnosis through hospice care and natural death. (Author: Carol Howe Hulse, BrightHaven Education Program Specialist)