Over the years, animals have repeatedly shown us that balance of body, mind and spirit is essential to healing. In fact, that’s what drew us into the world of holistic healthcare! Their wisdom helped us to create the BrightHaven Menu for Healing that forms the foundation of our work. And it is designed to achieve and maintain balance and harmony. At BrightHaven we help the “being” to be the best they can possibly be, regardless of age, illness or species!
Healing vs. Cure
From BrightHaven’s perspective, there’s a difference between curing and healing. For example, curing is typically thought of as achieving the absence of symptoms. Conventional medicine uses medication, surgery or other forms of external intervention to attain this outcome. It is important to keep in mind that suppression of symptoms does not always mean that the underlying causes of a dis-ease have been addressed.
However, holistic medicine looks at healing as an internal process, focused on becoming whole. It is all about restoring balance and harmony to the body, mind and spirit by igniting and working with the body’s natural healing abilities. This approach yields many benefits, including resolution of symptoms. A cure occurs when the body is able to fully heal itself.
At BrightHaven, our goal is always for healing for the highest good of the patient, which may or may not include a cure. For some, the healing experience we offer brings about improved health and a new-found love of life. And for others, healing is a necessary preparation to complete the circle of life and for death and the journey beyond.
Here are some great quotes about the importance of harmony, balance and living fully!
BrightHaven Caregiver Resources to Help Your Animal Live Well Each and Every Day!
- Do you have questions about how BrightHaven’s holistic healing or animal hospice care approaches can help your animal? Book a consultation with Gail by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Follow Your Heart: Navigating a Terminal Diagnosis – helps you walk this often-challenging path with a deeper sense of peace, confidence and clarity. (Author: Gail Pope, BrightHaven President and Founder)
- The BrightHaven Guide to Animal Hospice – learn how to care for your animal companions in their Golden Years and through the end of life. (Author: Gail Pope)
- Soar My Butterfly: The Animal Dying Experience – a simple guide to the signs and symptoms you may encounter during the final stages of the natural dying process. (Author: Gail Pope)
- BrightHaven Online Learning – help your loved one live the best life possible each and every day! We share what we’ve learned about holistic healing, animal hospice and living and dying well by following the wisdom of the animals since 1990.
LATEST ONLINE COURSE! BrightHaven Holistic Animal Hospice: Navigating a Terminal Diagnosis
- Walking with My Dog Through (End of) Life – an intimate look at a profound life passage, from terminal diagnosis through hospice care and a peaceful, gentle natural death. (Author: Carol Howe Hulse, BrightHaven Education Program Manager)
For more resources and information to help you help your furry family member, please visit BrightHaven’s Caregiver Resources & Education and Animal Caregiver FAQ.
Join the BrightHaven Family!
By becoming a part of our network of valued supporters, you will stay abreast of additions to our Caregiver Resources and Education (including animal hospice and holistic healthcare) program. You will also receive information about animals needing rescue and updates on those we have saved through our Rescue program that specializes in medical rehabilitation, which makes us unique.
Your user information will never be shared with a third party without permission, or sold.
We truly appreciate your support!