We are so excited to announce the latest BrightHaven book, GRATEFUL for Animals: Spiritual Comfort & Wisdom in Life’s Last Chapter!
BrightHaven President and Founder Gail Pope and I, BrightHaven Education Program Manager Carol Hulse, honor the human-animal bond as we gently explore the many ways animals are indeed wise and wonderful guides and companions on the spiritual journey. This heartwarming book also shares uplifting lessons learned from animals during their last chapter of life, which are extremely relevant at every life stage. You, too, can live well and fully through the last breath!
Unlike other BrightHaven books that primarily focus on navigating a terminal diagnosis or understanding the dying process and how people can help their animals transition peacefully, this particular one shares how following the wisdom of our animals brought many life-changing spiritual lessons and helped shape BrightHaven’s animal hospice and holistic healthcare approach.
We’d love to share a couple of excerpts from the marvelous endorsements our book has already received:
“Pope and Hulse share stories from their many combined years of experience providing physical, emotional, and spiritual support for animals who might otherwise have been dismissed as ‘hopeless cases.’ Far from hopeless cases, these beautiful animals teach us how to love, how to find joy in unexpected places, how to be true friends, and above all, how to honor the process of dying. This inspiring book invites us to see that honoring death is a way of honoring life.” —Jessica Pierce, Bioethicist, Author of Who’s a Good Dog?: And How To Be a Better Human
“The incredible animal stories in this book will bring to life what it means to find love, joy, compassion, acceptance and more, so that we can be more present for our animals and ourselves as we navigate their life’s final chapter. What’s even more amazing is that these animal examples can illuminate parts of our own spirit and journey that we may have forgotten. It’s wonderful to see how through the comforting words of this book, these animals can continue teaching and healing humans for years to come!” —Kathleen Prasad, Founder of Animal Reiki Source, President of Shelter Animal Reiki Association and Creator of the Let Animals Lead® method of Animal Reiki
“The capacity of our pets to offer us life-shifting inner lessons is beautifully illuminated in this book. That we are the main beneficiaries in our relationships with our pets comes through vividly in the insights and stories so generously shared by Carol and Gail.” —David Michie, Writer, Presenter, Mindful Safari Founder, Author of The Dalai Lama’s Cat and the Claw of Attraction
Available on Amazon at https://amzn.to/3QrvK0l
All sale proceeds will help us to help more animals and those who love them!
And in addition to buying a copy for yourself, here are a few ways you can help us to get the word out:
- Tell your friends and family about the book.
- Write an Amazon review.
- Purchase this book for each of the animals on your gift list!
We sincerely hope that our book will enrich your life in many wonderful ways. We are deeply grateful to you for your continuing support of BrightHaven and our work!
In their innocence and wisdom, in their connection to the earth and its most ancient rhythms, animals show us a way back to a home they have never left. —Susan Chernak McElroy
BrightHaven Caregiver Resources to Help Your Animal Live Well Each and Every Day!
- Do you have questions about how BrightHaven’s holistic healing or animal hospice care approaches can help your animal? Book a consultation with Gail by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow Your Heart: Navigating a Terminal Diagnosis – helps you walk this often-challenging path with a deeper sense of peace, confidence and clarity. (Author: Gail Pope, BrightHaven President and Founder)
- The BrightHaven Guide to Animal Hospice – learn how to care for your animal companions in their Golden Years and through the end of life. (Author: Gail Pope)
- Soar My Butterfly: The Animal Dying Experience – a simple guide to the signs and symptoms you may encounter during the final stages of the natural dying process. (Author: Gail Pope)
- BrightHaven Online Learning – help your loved one live the best life possible each and every day! We share what we’ve learned about holistic healing, animal hospice and living and dying well by following the wisdom of the animals since 1990.
LATEST ONLINE COURSE! BrightHaven Holistic Animal Hospice: Navigating a Terminal Diagnosis – in this self-paced module, we help you to determine the best path for you and your animal.
- Walking with My Dog Through (End of) Life – an intimate look at a profound life passage, from terminal diagnosis through hospice care and a peaceful, gentle natural death. (Author: Carol Howe Hulse, BrightHaven Education Program Manager)
For more resources and information to help you help your furry family member, please visit BrightHaven’s Caregiver Resources & Education and Animal Caregiver FAQ.
Join the BrightHaven Family!
By becoming a part of our network of valued supporters, you will stay abreast of additions to our Caregiver Resources and Education (including animal hospice and holistic healthcare) program. You will also receive information about animals needing rescue and updates on those we have saved through our Rescue program that specializes in medical rehabilitation, which makes us unique.
Your user information will never be shared with a third party without permission or sold.
We truly appreciate your support!